Thursday, February 18, 2016

894 Response: My Writing Across Levels of Scope

I chose to theorize my writing at the macroscopic level in terms of my role as a writer and implying my purpose for writing, for example, as an instructor in a university writing for students as audience, as an employee and faculty member at my institution writing to communicate for various purposes with various audiences, and as a PhD student writing within my PhD courses.  At the mesoscopic level, I have listed various genres that I write to match my roles as listed in the mesoscopic level.  In the microscopic level, I mention how I specifically engage technologies in my writing practices.  Incidentally, I mention that I almost always use Microsoft Word to draft and then cut and paste into digital environments.  Ironically, I just realized that I am drafting this text directly into my blog space.  So microscopic practices are always pushed by the considerations of the moment--in this case my decision to add prose to a diagram that I am going to paste right here:




No comments:

Post a Comment